High-quality natural ingredients. Responsible sourcing. No synthetics. No animal testing.
With a founding mission to support the healing of humanity and the earth, every decision we make in the manufacture of our products is made with deliberate thought and care. The long-term health of your skin and the planet, peoples and living creatures that reside on it are all taken into account.
Making the decisions isn’t difficult—it’s simply a matter of doing what’s right. The difficulty lies in supporting that decision and putting it into action. It takes months, years and decades to do what is right—and to keep doing what is right indefinitely.
The ‘NATRUE’ seal on Dr. Hauschka Skin Care products is a demonstration of our commitment to you of upholding our mission. We display it proudly for the many right decisions we have made to make the highest quality, most effective skin care products possible.
Certified Natural by NATRUE
NATRUE certification ensures that a product has met the strongest criteria available for natural and organic ingredients in personal care products, as verified by an independent certifier.
NATRUE is a non-profit, international association founded by the pioneers of organic and natural skin care. The NATRUE seal establishes an organic and natural skin care certification that is internationally recognized, with total transparency in its methods and criteria. The NATRUE standard is readily available to consumers worldwide at NATRUE.org.
NATRUE certification assures customers of the purity and quality of Dr. Hauschka Skin Care natural skin products. It is awarded exclusively to products that meet the following standards:
- Raw materials derived from nature
- Minimal processing
- Free of synthetic fragrances, colors and dyes
Safety and Purity:
- No petroleum-derived synthetics (parabens, propylene glycol, silicones)
- Exclusively non-toxic processing methods (no PEG’s or Sodium Laureth Sulfate)
- No GMO ingredients
- No irradiation at any stage of production
- Environmentally-responsible harvesting and processing
- No animal testing
- Socially-responsible business practices
3 Levels of NATRUE certification:
- Natural: Product meets NATRUE’s rigorous natural standard but ingredients do not need to be organic
- Natural with Organic Portion: Product meets all natural level requirements* and contains at least 70% organic ingredients
- Organic: Product meets natural standard* and contains at least 95% organic ingredients
*Requirements of the NATRUE Natural standard for minimum % natural content and maximum % of allowed but man-made ingredients are even stricter for the organic levels.
NATRUE and the American National Standards Institute’s Organic Personal Care standard (NSF/ANSI 305) have agreed to a mutual recognition of equivalency of their standards for organic products. http://www.nsf.org/media/enews/documents/MadewithOrganic FAQ 2009.pdf (see #8)