Your Special Occasion Look
International Dr. Hauschka Make-up Artist Karim Sattar created this make-up look for times when you want a stand-out, dramatic look.
This smoky, mysterious look highlights the eyes with earthy brown and platinum shades. The complexion is given a modern, timeless and seemingly powder-free look. A soft shimmer of rouge on the cheeks provides a hint of romance while lips glisten with full rich color.
Face: The complexion – the best place to start
- Start with Translucent Make-up 00. This shade is ideal for almost all skin tones and acts as a base coat, concealing minor blemishes and areas of redness.
- Next, choose the shade of Translucent Make-up that best matches your natural skin tone. To find the perfect shade, apply a thin vertical line of Translucent Make-up to the skin along your lower jaw.
- Apply the Translucent Make-up over the base coat.
- Follow with Translucent Face Powder, Loose or Compact for a longer-lasting look. The powder is best applied using a Powder Brush.
- To add structure to your cheeks, apply Rouge Powder 03 in Rosé to your upper cheek bones. Transfer a small amount of the Eyeshadow Solo 09 ivory onto the Rouge Brush and sweep it from your cheek to the outer edge of your face in soft, circular movements. This adds a rosy shimmer.
- Before applying eye make-up, dab a little Concealer to the inner corner of your eyes in the shade that best matches your natural skin tone. This helps you look awake and friendly.
Eyes: A festive look in the blink of an eye
- Liberally apply Eyeliners 05 in Jet Black to your upper, movable lid and lower lashes.For a more intense evening look, apply the eyeliner right up to the lower inner edge.
- Smudge the lines on your upper lid to reach your brow bone and the outer corner of your eye, spreading it over the entire area where you’ll be applying eyeshadow. The light, creamy base of the smudged Eyeliner will make the eyeshadow more stable and longer-lasting. Using light dabbing and rolling movements with an eyeshadow brush, apply Eyeshadow Solo 04 (smoky gray) over the eyeliner on both the outer section of your upper lid and your lower lid. Smudge the eyeshadow to the inner corner of your eye.
- Next, apply Eyeshadow Solo 09 in Shimmering Ivory to the inner corner of your eye and beneath your eyebrow. Use a brush to blend it in well.
Finally, apply Volume Mascara Black to your lashes. For a more intense look, apply two additional coats.
Lips: As though woken by a kiss
- Use light, dabbing movements to apply Lipstick 15 in Violet Marble to the inner side of your lips. This creates the appearance of having been woken by a romantic kiss.
- For bolder lips, apply Lipliner 02 in Rich, Radiating Red after the Lipstick.
Tip to keep your look fresh and longer-lasting
If your look needs to be particularly long lasting, Facial Toner, Clarifying Toner or Soothing Intensive Treatment are ideal finishing touches. While applying your make-up, spray two to three pumps onto your face before, during and after you apply the make-up. This will help your make-up appear more natural, as well as nurturingyour skin.